We warmly welcome you to Star Cement Limited website (hereinafter referred to as Site).
Star Cement Limited (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Company’) is committed to respect privacy of every person, including employees of the Company, business partners as well as vendors, dealers and all others stakeholders who share their sensitive personal data or information (‘Sensitive Personal Information’) with the Company.
Personal Information may be required to be collected, maintained and transferred for business and official purposes with the express consent of the Information Providers. Such Sensitive Personal Information may have to be shared with other Group Companies or third party, within and outside the country, as per lawful business requirements of the Company. The Company shall ensure confidentiality of such Personal Information and grievances, to the extent possible.
We do not collect any personal information when you visit our website. You are entitled to visit our website without revealing personal information unless you choose to provide such information on your own. Your email id will not be added to any mailing list without your consent. We do not identify users and reveal information about the users of the website except when any authority or any Court of law requires us to do so.
The use of the website shall be at your own risk and under no circumstances Star Cement shall be liable and responsible for any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. To the fullest extent permissible, Star Cement disclaims any warranties, express and/or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, freedom from computer virus and warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. Star Cement does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the website or the server that makes the website available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Star Cement does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials in the website in terms of their completeness, correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
By executing a consent letter provided by the Company, the Information Providers shall consent to the collection, storage, usage, disclosure, processing and transfer of their Personal Information provided to the Company for the purposes mentioned in this Policy.
The Information Providers have the option of not providing their Personal Information sought to be collected if they do not agree with this Policy or even otherwise. Further, the Information Providers also have the option to withdraw their consent given earlier, provided such withdrawal of consent is intimated in writing.
Information that may be collected :
The Company may collect the following types of Information, including but not limited to:
- Name, contact details, details of past employment (in the case of employees, wherever relevant);
- Financial details such as bank account, pan card, salary, provident fund details;
- Password used for company provided systems, websites/web pages;
- Information posted in the public space or on the Company’s website or on third party social media site of the Company
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- IP Address and browser;
- Any kind of Demographic information.
Purpose of collection:
The Company may collect, use, receive, possess store, disclose, process and transfer the Sensitive Personal Information for various purposes, including but not limited to, the following:
- To enable proper functioning of the Company’s business,
- In connection with a variety of purposes relating to employment, including but not limited to, general HR administration; organization planning and management;
- For Compliance with company policies, code of conduct and internal regulations;
- For Legal, judicial, governmental and regulatory compliance;
- For the purpose of Tax administration and compliance;
- To protect the Company, its employees, customers, websites; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of the law or as otherwise required by law.
We may use of your personal information for the following purposes :
- We might use the information you provide to contact you for product purchase intent on our website or for other promotional purposes.
- Your information may be used to confirm your registration for an event or contest.
- Your information may be used to customize your experience with us.
- We may use the Iinformation to make our website and products better.
- We might use information for security purposes.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
The Information Providers consent that the collection, usage, storage, disclosure, processing and transfer of any Personal Information or any other information as disclosed under this Policy shall not cause any loss or wrongful gain to the Information Providers if the same is used for the above-mentioned lawful purposes.
Sharing and transferring of Information:
The Company may need to share the Information with group companies, business associates and/ or third parties in connection with the above mentioned purposes for which the Information Providers do hereby duly authorizes the Company.
The Company has adopted reasonable security practices and procedure to ensure that the Personal Information is collected and preserved in a secured manner. However, the Company disclaims any liability in relation to any breach of security or loss or disclosure of information in relation to the Personal Information without the fault of the Company and for the reasons beyond the control of the Company.
Updates to this Policy:
Grievance Officer (as per requirement of Information Technology Rules):
Star Cement Limited
2nd Floor, Century House, P-15/1,
Taratala Road, Kolkata – 700 088